St. Joseph Catholic School is an accredited Catholic school located in Auburn, California. St. Joseph Catholic School provides an environment of achieving academic excellence with a balanced curriculum in serving students from Preschool through the Eighth Grade.
Within a safe and disciplined environment, St. Joseph Catholic School provides individual attention in a loving and nurturing community. The preschool program provides full-time or part-time needs for children between the ages of three and five years, while our classes from Kindergarten through Eighth Grade have an average class size of 23 students. Our exceptional and dedicated administration help students reach for their highest potential, with a commitment to advanced learning practices.
St. Joseph Catholic School is accredited through Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and is co-accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). St. Joseph Catholic School also meets and exceeds the California State Academic Standards.
St. Joseph Catholic School, established in 1943, is an educational ministry of St. Joseph and St. Teresa Catholic Parishes of Auburn, California. The student population, consisting of families from Placer, Nevada, and Sacramento Counties, is a reflection of the rich ethnic and cultural diversity of the area which is enriched by the school's Commitment to Excellence.
In 1943, the Sisters of Mercy of Auburn established a kindergarten and first grade class in Auburn. This small school was known as Mercy Primary and School of Music. In 1947, Rev. Patrick Sheehy, having witnessed the expansion and growth of this small school, acted to move it to the St. Joseph Parish facility on Lincoln Way, where it became known as St. JosephParishSchool. A full elementary school program, kindergarten through eighth grade, was implemented in four classrooms under the Sisters of Mercy. Growth was soon to demand another move for the school. Thus, in 1981, a new school building was completed on the current site. In 1994 the pre-school was constructed and the LeaveyCenter was dedicated in 1996, which is used for science, art and the extension program.