Preschool / Pre-Kindergarten Curriculum
We believe that early childhood program should provide a happy, safe, supportive environment that reflects a recognition and consideration of development patterns of each child. We believe that learning is an active process by which children learn best and gain self-confidence when ample learning opportunities exist for direct hands-on experiences and decision-making.
We believe that trained and caring teaches guide this active learning process by sharing information, planning activities, questioning, setting goals and modeling behavior. We believe in a well planned daily curriculum with the “whole” child in mind, that integrates cognitive, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs into the children’s world of learning through their senses.
We strive to achieve the following goals for each child:
- To encourage a positive self-concept and develop skills for building positive relationships with others.
- To enhance perceptual, conceptual, and intellectual growth and development with manipulative games, puzzles, songs, and social interactions.
- To instill the love and enjoyment of literature and proficiency in language by providing a supportive, relaxed, and rich atmosphere that encourages early literacy and communications skills.
- To encourage and provide for the development of motor skills and physical well-being through a wide range of challenging equipment and planned motor activities.
- To nurture creativity and imagination through art, dramatic play, puppetry, and music and movement.
- To build an understanding and appreciation of one’s own and other cultures by sharing literature, customs, and songs from various cultures through diversity.
- To help each child develop self-control and problem solving skills through discussion and role modeling.
- To strengthen parent/child and family/school relationships through better understanding of child development principles and sharing of information.
Please contact the St. JosephCatholicSchool Preschool Office directly at (530) 823-1822 for Application Information and to Tour the Preschool!